|Home » |
Altoids Small Sugar Free Curiously Strong Mints, Peppermints Flavor - 0.37 Oz, 9 Pack
35% Fewer calories than our regular mints.Naturally & Artificially Flavored Peppermint.
|Average Customer Rating:
|| based on 33 reviews|
Average Customer Review:
( 33 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
6 of 6 found the following review helpful:
Altoid Smalls: great !!Nov 03, 2012
I really love Altoid Smalls. I became a heavy Altoid user after I quit smoking a few years ago. They (and Starbrights) were the only things that could stave off my desire to smoke, with their super-strong peppermint taste. But, of course, regular Altoids are basically pure sugar, and are therefore very bad for the teeth. And regular Altoids do have calories, too: 3.33 calories each, which adds up if you're chewing through whole tins of them. So I decided to give the Smalls a try. Been hooked ever since. They've replaced EVERY other mint, hard candy and other similar product; in fact, I threw all the others out once I tried these, and haven't gone back. They aren't pleasantly chalky like regular Altoids, by the way; they have a smooth texture, which is not as good but has its own charm once you adjust to the change.
- the Smalls have a strong taste. Those who like the burning sensation of strong peppermint will really like these (conversely, those looking for more of a Tic-Tac level strength will be overwhelmed). Personally, I like the taste a lot.
- they have no sugar, so you can enjoy them and still have teeth in five or ten years
- they actually last a pretty long time. I've gotten as far as 25 minutes on one mint, though 9-10 minutes is more typical.
- they are a half-calorie each. An entire tin of 50 of them is only 25 calories. Even if you consume three tins of them in a day (which I have done) you're still only looking at 75 calories.
- they do contain Sorbitol, an ingredient in many diet candies and treats which gives some people ... how's a nice way to put this .... gassiness and a need to go to the bathroom frequently. I seem to have no or very little reaction to Sorbitol. But I think it's just luck of the draw; my wife reacts badly to it. However, an entire tin of these only contains 25 calories worth of candy with Sorbitol in it, roughly equivalent to, say, two or three sugar-free Starbrights. So, even those with some Sorbitol intolerance might not be too bothered by these, if consumed in reasonable quantities.
For the orally-fixated amongst us, who must have something in their mouths at all times, Altoid Smalls are practically a god-send: a sugar-free, virtually no calorie, strong-tasting mint that tastes pretty good and come in a convenient 50-pack. As long as you are tolerant of Sorbitol, I think you'll be pretty satisfied with these. They are not as good as regular Altoids, but have no sugar and practically no calories. They are a nice alternative.
The only thing with the Smalls is learning to conserve them. There is a tendency to pop 3 or 4 of them in the mouth, chew through them, and then pop another 3 or 4. Getting it down to 1 mint and learning to savor it for a while can knock the daily consumption down from 3-4 tins to 1.
2 of 2 found the following review helpful:
Can we just rename them to Smalltoids?Oct 04, 2013
By Love at First Book
"Love at First Book"
I love everything about Altoids Smalls (aka in my world: Smalltoids, no lie. . . I won't call them anything else).
They are tasty. They are pretty. And they come in a fabulously-sized smalltoids tin that is PERFECT to reuse in my purse. I actually have one in my purse with push-pins because I like to be able to pin my Love at First Book business cards to community bulletin boards, and the container is the perfect size AND will never ever open up in my purse!
I keep packs of Smalltoids in my car, my purse, my husband has some at work in his desk. . .
I have also done comparison pricing, and they are cheaper when purchased here on Amazon.
I will continue to purchase this product.
Thanks for reading,
Rebecca @ Love at First Book
1 of 1 found the following review helpful:
Bought them for my husbandAug 10, 2013
My husband suffers from a dry mouth, a side effect of medication. He uses these great little mints to moisten it, and to keep his breath fresh. These are available in some local stores, but they are often sold out. It was easier to order in quantity and have them shipped than to go from store to store looking for them.
packs of great flavorApr 25, 2014
i love these little mints! they pack a great punch. i can't find them anywhere on this island so buying them from amazon in bulk is great for my little altoids addiction! i also love these ones better than the originals because they come in a cute little case thats fits any pocket instead of the big container.
AltoidsJan 09, 2014
These are my favorite, cannot live without them. running low need to restock soon. tried other brands of mints but these are the best.
See all 33 customer reviews on Amazon.com