|Home » |
Altoids Small Sugar Free Curiously Strong Mints, Peppermints Flavor - 0.37 Oz, 9 Pack
Altoids Smalls Peppermint
Altoids Smalls Peppermint
|Average Customer Rating:
|| based on 18 reviews|
Average Customer Review:
( 18 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
2 of 2 found the following review helpful:
Altoid Smalls: great !!Nov 03, 2012
I really love Altoid Smalls. I became a heavy Altoid user after I quit smoking a few years ago. They (and Starbrights) were the only things that could stave off my desire to smoke, with their super-strong peppermint taste. But, of course, regular Altoids are basically pure sugar, and are therefore very bad for the teeth. And regular Altoids do have calories, too: 3.33 calories each, which adds up if you're chewing through whole tins of them. So I decided to give the Smalls a try. Been hooked ever since. They've replaced EVERY other mint, hard candy and other similar product; in fact, I threw all the others out once I tried these, and haven't gone back. They aren't pleasantly chalky like regular Altoids, by the way; they have a smooth texture, which is not as good but has its own charm once you adjust to the change.
- the Smalls have a strong taste. Those who like the burning sensation of strong peppermint will really like these (conversely, those looking for more of a Tic-Tac level strength will be overwhelmed). Personally, I like the taste a lot.
- they have no sugar, so you can enjoy them and still have teeth in five or ten years
- they actually last a pretty long time. I've gotten as far as 25 minutes on one mint, though 9-10 minutes is more typical.
- they are a half-calorie each. An entire tin of 50 of them is only 25 calories. Even if you consume three tins of them in a day (which I have done) you're still only looking at 75 calories.
- they do contain Sorbitol, an ingredient in many diet candies and treats which gives some people ... how's a nice way to put this .... gassiness and a need to go to the bathroom frequently. I seem to have no or very little reaction to Sorbitol. But I think it's just luck of the draw; my wife reacts badly to it. However, an entire tin of these only contains 25 calories worth of candy with Sorbitol in it, roughly equivalent to, say, two or three sugar-free Starbrights. So, even those with some Sorbitol intolerance might not be too bothered by these, if consumed in reasonable quantities.
For the orally-fixated amongst us, who must have something in their mouths at all times, Altoid Smalls are practically a god-send: a sugar-free, virtually no calorie, strong-tasting mint that tastes pretty good and come in a convenient 50-pack. As long as you are tolerant of Sorbitol, I think you'll be pretty satisfied with these. They are not as good as regular Altoids, but have no sugar and practically no calories. They are a nice alternative.
The only thing with the Smalls is learning to conserve them. There is a tendency to pop 3 or 4 of them in the mouth, chew through them, and then pop another 3 or 4. Getting it down to 1 mint and learning to savor it for a while can knock the daily consumption down from 3-4 tins to 1.
OOOhhh so strong!!!Apr 02, 2013
By Myriam Baury
Great little mint and just a half calorie per mint :) i would totaly recomend this product to any one who is looking for a strong tasting mint .
yummyJan 17, 2013
By Sara Cho
They are my addiction! They're pretty strong but they keep my mouth occupied and they're so favorful! I love them :)
Good find!Dec 17, 2012
Have a really hard time finding these in my small town. So glad to find them online and at a good price!
Great for stocking up.Nov 19, 2012
By William Donahoe
We leave a tin in the car for coffee breath on the road. Great bulk purchase. It's about the same cost per unit as the store, but you can't beat the convenience.
See all 18 customer reviews on Amazon.com